The following message is to notify U.S. citizens living in The Bahamas that a representative of the U.S. Regional Federal Benefits Office will be in Nassau on Thursday, February 23, 2017. The officer will have a live Guardian Talk Radio segment on “Morning Blend with Dwight Strachan” on Thursday, February 23, from 7:30-8:30 a.m. A general town hall meeting will follow from 9:00-10:30 a.m. that same morning at the University of the Bahamas’ American Corner located within the Harry C. Moore Library. U.S. federal benefits such as social security will be discussed followed by a Q&A session, and is open to the public to attend.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Bahamas Specific Information and Turks and Caicos Islands Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in The Bahamas, located at 42 Queen Street (across from the British Colonial Hilton Hotel), Nassau; telephone: 242-322-1181; after hours emergency telephone: 242-357-7004; ACS unit fax: 242-356-7174; e-mail: ACSNassau@state.gov ; web page: https://bs.usembassy.gov. The Turks & Caicos Consular Agency is located at 2 Ventura Ct., Grace Bay Suite 102E, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands; telephone: 649-232-5713; e-mail: ACSNassau@state.gov.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.