Renew a Passport

(Note:  If your current passport was issued before you were 16 years of age or if it was issued more than 15 years ago,  you must follow the instructions for “Apply for a Passport”.

Applications for renewal of an adult’s U.S. passport are accepted at Embassy Nassau in person by appointment or by mail from within The Bahamas or the Turks and Caicos Islands. The following documents/items must be presented to the ACS Unit:

  • Your current or recently expired U.S. passport.
  • A completed and signed DS-82 Application Form.
  • Your Social Security number (entered on your application form).
  • One passport photo taken within the last 6 months (2″x2″ in size).
  • The passport renewal fee – available at It can be paid at the ACS Unit in U.S. dollars or equivalent in Bahamian dollars, or can be submitted by a bank or postal money order.  Postal money orders must be in Bahamian Dollars.
  • Make copies of all documents being submitted (i.e. Passport, Marriage Certificate, etc).
  • (If your name is no longer the same as on your previous passport) Appropriate documentation showing a change of name (i.e. Court order, Marriage Certificate, etc).

To renew your passport by mail from within The Bahamas or the Turks and Caicos Islands, send the items listed above (passport, photos, fee, completed application form DS-82, and any supporting documents in a registered envelope or via courier to:

U.S. Embassy, Consular Section, ATTN: ACS Unit
42 Queen Street
Nassau, The Bahamas

Enclose a money order for $110 payable to U.S. Embassy, Nassau. And a separate money order payable to the courier company.  Please check with the courier company for the costs related to the return. If using a Bahamas Postal Money Order, please make sure it is in Bahamian Dollars.

This link has information on how to make an appointment if you are applying in person.

Additional information on U.S. passport applications worldwide can be found on the Consular Affairs website.