Apply for a Passport

Full-Validity Passport: First Time or Replacement for a Lost/Stolen Passport

A U.S. citizen may receive a full validity (ten year) passport beginning at age 16.  Applications for these passports are accepted by appointment. The applicant must appear in person and present the following documents:

  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship (such as:  an old U.S. passport, Certificate of Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, original U. S. birth certificate, etc.)
  • Proof of Identity (such as a current Driver’s License or other government-issued photo I.D.)  (Please note:  if your name on your ID differs from that on your proof of citizenship, you will need to present evidence of the name change.)
  • Social Security number of the applicant (This is required for all applicants over the age of one year.  If the applicant has never had a social security number, he or she must apply for one concurrently with any passport application.)
  • One recent passport photo taken within the last six (6) months (2″x2″ in size).
  • Make copies of all documents being submitted, (applicant’s passport, birth certificate and parent’s passport)
  • The passport execution and issuance fees – available at It can be paid at the ACS Unit in U.S. dollars or Bahamian dollars, or by major credit card.  If using a Bahamas Postal Money Order, please make sure it is in Bahamian dollars.
  • A completed DS-11 Application Form
  • (If your previous passport was stolen) a copy of a police report regarding theft of the previous passport
  • (If your previous passport was lost or stolen) A completed Statement of Loss Form DS-64
  • (If you are 16 or 17 years of age) You must appear in person to apply.

Please access our Online Appointment System in order to schedule an appointment.