Full-Validity Passport: First Time or Replacement for a Lost/Stolen Passport
A U.S. citizen may receive a full validity (ten year) passport beginning at age 16. Applications for these passports are accepted by appointment. The applicant must appear in person and present the following documents:
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (such as: an old U.S. passport, Certificate of Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, original U. S. birth certificate, etc.)
- Proof of Identity (such as a current Driver’s License or other government-issued photo I.D.) (Please note: if your name on your ID differs from that on your proof of citizenship, you will need to present evidence of the name change.)
- Social Security number of the applicant (This is required for all applicants over the age of one year. If the applicant has never had a social security number, he or she must apply for one concurrently with any passport application.)
- One recent passport photo taken within the last six (6) months (2″x2″ in size).
- Make copies of all documents being submitted, (applicant’s passport, birth certificate and parent’s passport)
- The passport execution and issuance fees – available at http://travel.state.gov. It can be paid at the ACS Unit in U.S. dollars or Bahamian dollars, or by major credit card. If using a Bahamas Postal Money Order, please make sure it is in Bahamian dollars.
- A completed DS-11 Application Form http://travel.state.gov.
- (If your previous passport was stolen) a copy of a police report regarding theft of the previous passport
- (If your previous passport was lost or stolen) A completed Statement of Loss Form DS-64 http://travel.state.gov.
- (If you are 16 or 17 years of age) You must appear in person to apply.
Please access our Online Appointment System in order to schedule an appointment.