Events: The Department of State has revised its Travel Advisory level for the Turks and Caicos Islands to Level 4 – Do Not Travel. The Turks and Caicos government issued new or extended measures related to COVID-19.
The full text of the updated Travel Advisory is as follows:
Do not travel to the Turks and Caicos Islands due to health and safety measures and COVID-related conditions. Exercise increased caution in the Turks and Caicos Islands due to crime.
- Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a level 4 Travel Health Notice for the Turks and Caicos Islands due to COVID-19. CDC compliant testing for COVID-19 may not be available or results are not always available within 3 calendar days of testing. Travelers could experience delays returning to the U.S
- Travelers to the Turks and Caicos Islands may experience border closures, airport closures, travel prohibitions, stay at home orders, business closures, and other emergency conditions within the Turks and Caicos Islands due to COVID-19. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs in Providenciales. Local medical care and criminal investigative capabilities are limited.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the Turks and Caicos Islands:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Avoid walking alone and at night.
- Do not answer your door at your hotel/residence unless you know who it is.
- Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.
The Government of the Turks and Caicos announced the following new or extended measures related to COVID 19, which will remain in effect until 5:00 a.m. on February 10, 2021:
- Nighttime Curfews:
- Providenciales – from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Grand Turk – from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Business Closure Hours:
- Providenciales – 8:00 p.m.
- Grand Turk – 7:00 p.m.
- Family Islands – 8:00 p.m.
- Pleasure crafts for excursions are limited to six (6) persons.
- The complete ban on public and private gatherings or social activity of any description on all items, including on beaches, is extended.
- The complete ban on all sporting events is extended.
You are encouraged to closely monitor official information sources, in the event that the above measures are extended.
For U.S. Citizens in an Emergency:
Call State Department – Consular Affairs at:
1-888-407-4747 (when dialing from within the U.S.)
+1 (202) 501-4444 (when dialing from overseas)
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.