The following message is to notify U.S. citizens living in and travelling to the Turks & Caicos Islands that office hours and appointments for routine consular services at the U.S. Consular Agency in Providenciales have been temporarily suspended until further notice. The Embassy hopes to resume services as soon as possible, and apologizes for any inconvenience the suspension of operations may cause. In the interim, a U.S. consular officer from Nassau will offer certain consular services by appointment on a monthly basis in Providenciales until normal operations resume. Please email ACSNassau@state.gov to schedule.
We also remind U.S. citizens residing in the Turks and Caicos Islands that they can utilize our mail-in program if they are renewing an adult passport. Adult citizens renewing their passport can mail a passport application (DS-82) along with a 2-inch by 2-inch photo, and one money order or bank draft made out to U.S. Embassy for $110 and one money order to FedEx for $58.72. We regret that we cannot accept applications for U.S. passports for minor citizens or first time adult passport applications by mail. During the suspension of operations, those applicants must make an appointment and appear in person at the U.S. Embassy in Nassau, The Bahamas.
For U.S. citizens who are victims of crime or have urgent medical or welfare issues, please contact the U.S. Embassy’s Consular Section directly at 242-322-1181 and ACSNassau@state.gov.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Bahamas Specific Information and Turks and Caicos Islands Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in The Bahamas, located at 42 Queen Street (across from the British Colonial Hilton Hotel), Nassau; telephone: 242-322-1181; after hours emergency telephone: 242-357-7004; ACS unit fax: 242-356-7174; e-mail: ACSNassau@state.gov ; web page: https://bs.usembassy.gov. The Turks & Caicos Consular Agency is located at 2 Ventura Ct., Grace Bay Suite 102E, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands; telephone: 649-232-5713; e-mail: ACSNassau@state.gov .
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.