Location: The Bahamas
Event: Reduced Availability of Flights to and from The Bahamas
U.S. citizens who need to return to the United States should do so immediately. As of March 23, 2020, there are still commercial flights departing The Bahamas, but we cannot predict how long commercial flights back to the United States will remain available. Some airlines have already canceled all flights to and from The Bahamas, and others have canceled multiple routes.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, like The Bahamas, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
The State Department advises all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) immediately to receive the most up-to-date travel and health-related alerts directly from the U.S. Embassy in Nassau, and so they can be reached in an emergency.
Actions to Take:
- Follow the instructions and regulations coming from the Bahamian government; please consult https://covid19.gov.bs for the latest information on COVID-19 from the Government of The Bahamas.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and recommendations for travelers and high-risk populations.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans, potential changes or cancellations, and/or travel restrictions.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 Information Page for information on conditions in The Bahamas.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the most up-to-date information on travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Nassau, The Bahamas
U.S. Embassy Nassau webpage
- For U.S. Citizens In an Emergency
Call State Department – Consular Affairs at
1 888-407-4747 (when dialing from within the U.S.)
+1 (202) 501-4444 (when dialing from overseas)
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter