Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
Event: Charter Flight Availability Update
In accordance with the Turks and Caicos Islands’ Emergency Powers regulations for COVID-19, all airports and seaports remain closed to incoming regional and international flights (both commercial and private) and seafaring vessels until July 22, 2020, with limited exceptions.
Presently, the following are excepted and permitted to enter TCI by international air travel: Turks and Caicos Islanders; permanent residents who ordinarily reside in TCI for the majority of the year; and Residence Permit holders married to Turks and Caicos Islanders. Effective June 22, permanent residents, Residence Permit holders and Work Permit Holders who are not specified in the preceding sentence may return to TCI.
The Emergency Powers regulations are available here: https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/regulations.
Flight Availability Update as of 1200 EDT on June 15
Commercial Flights: No scheduled commercial flights prior to July 22 are identified at this time.
Charter Flights: TCI’s Ministry of Health and Tourist Board are working with Provo Air Center and Blue Heron Aviation to facilitate departures for any non–residents, work permit holders, or temporary visitors, currently in the Islands who wish to depart. For more information, contact: Provo Air Center: firstname.lastname@example.org or BlueHeron Aviation: email@example.com.
Provo Air Center is currently offering the following shared charter flights:
· Friday, June 19: Providenciales to Fort Lauderdale – departs 8:30 a.m.; $1,412 per person*
· Monday, June 22: Providenciales to New York (JFK) – departs 8:30 a.m.; $2,455 per person*
· Thursday, July 2: Providenciales to Fort Lauderdale – departs 8:30 a.m.; $1,412 per person*
*Flights will run only if the minimum number of required passengers is met. Prices include taxes. Bag limitations apply. Some pets with valid paperwork accepted. Please contact Provo Air Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest or to request more information.
Additionally, some private charter companies have confirmed their ability to provide flights to the United States: Hop A Jet: +1-954-771-5779; Presidential-Aviation: +1-954-772-8622; Monarch Air Group: +1-954-359-0059; IBC Airways: +1-954-848-2370; Stratos Jets: +1-888-593-9066; EvoJets: +1-877-970-5387. This list is not an endorsement. Additional operators not listed above may be available.
The Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Visit the local government COVID-19 webpage for updated information. The Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 hotline numbers are +1-649-333-0911 and +1-649-232-9444.
Effective March 16, U.S. Embassy Nassau suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- heck with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turks and Caicos.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Nassau, The Bahamas
#42 Queen Street, Nassau
U.S. Embassy Nassau webpage
For U.S. Citizens in an Emergency
Call State Department – Consular Affairs at
+1 888-407-4747 (when dialing from within the U.S.)
+1 (202) 501-4444 (when dialing from overseas)
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter