Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
Event: May 25, 2020 Update
Update: Travel Advisory – Return of Turks and Caicos Islanders and Residents
On May 22, the Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI) Ministry of Health announced that the following are permitted to enter TCI by international air travel: (1) Turks and Caicos Islanders; (2) permanent residents who ordinarily reside in TCI for the majority of the year; (3) Residence Permit holder who is married to a Turks and Caicos Islander. Please review the full Travel Advisory here: https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/advisory/193-travel-advisory-5-return-of-turks-and-caicos-islanders-and-residents-emergency-powers-covid-19-no-4-amendment-no-3-regulations-2020.
On April 30, the Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands announced that the closure of the country’s borders to inbound visitors has been extended ”until (at least) 1st June.” The Premier further announced phased reopening plans for TCI, which are available here: https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/news/147-premier-s-national-covid-19-address-30-april-2020. On May 11, the Premier stated that the June 1 date remained under review.
If you are a U.S. citizen in TCI and you need to return to the United States, we urge you to leave now. U.S. citizens who choose to remain in TCI should prepare to do so for an indefinite period of time.
Commercial Flight Availability Update, as of 1000 EDT on May 24
JetBlue Airways has scheduled flights from Providenciales to New York (JFK) in May and June. Please contact JetBlue directly to secure seats for departures.
Charter Flight Update, as of 1000 EDT on May 24
TCI’s Ministry of Health and Tourist Board are working with Provo Air Center and Blue Heron Aviation to facilitate departures for any non–residents, work permit holders, or temporary visitors, currently in the Islands who wish to depart. For more information, contact: Provo Air Center: firstname.lastname@example.org or Blue Heron Aviation: email@example.com.
Provo Air Center is offering a shared charter flight from Providenciales to Fort Lauderdale this Thursday, May 28 at 11:50 a.m. Non-U.S. citizens will need to provide secondary documentation such as a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident card, valid U.S. visa or ESTA, plus address in the U.S.A. or onward flight documentation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly to book seats or with any questions.
Additionally, some private charter companies have confirmed their ability to provide flights to the United States.
· Hop A Jet: +1-954-771-5779, email@example.com, hopajetworldwide.com
· Presidential-Aviation: +1-954-772-8622, presidential-aviation.com
· Monarch Air Group: +1-954-359-0059, monarchairgroup.com
· IBC Airways: +1-954-848-2370
· Stratos Jets: +1-888-593-9066
· EvoJets: +1-877-970-5387
The above list is not an endorsement. Additional operators not listed above may be available.
The Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Visit the local government COVID-19 webpage for updated information. The Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 hotline numbers are +1-649-333-0911 and +1-649-232-9444.
Effective March 16, U.S. Embassy Nassau suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel
· plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turks and Caicos.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
For U.S. Citizens in an Emergency
Call State Department – Consular Affairs at
+1 888-407-4747 (when dialing from within the U.S.)
+1 (202) 501-4444 (when dialing from overseas)