Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
Event: May 1, 2020 Update
On April 30, the Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands announced that the closure of the country’s borders to inbound visitors has been extended “until (at least) 1st June.” The Premier further announced phased reopening plans for TCI, which are available here: https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/news/147-premier-s-national-covid-19-address-30-april-2020.
If you are a U.S. citizen in TCI and you need to return to the United States, we urge you to leave now. U.S. citizens who choose to remain in TCI should prepare to do so for an indefinite period of time.
Flights Departing the Turks and Caicos Islands, as of 1600 EDT on May 1
TCI’s Ministry of Health and Tourist Board are working with Provo Air Center and Blue Heron Aviation to facilitate departures for any non–residents, work permit holders, or temporary visitors, currently in the Islands who wish to depart. U.S. citizens who are interested in departing should contact: Provo Air Center: firstname.lastname@example.org or Blue Heron Aviation: email@example.com for potential flight details. Inquiries should include the number of persons traveling, contact information, and country of origin/destination.
Provo Air Center is scheduling shared charter flights from Providenciales as follows:
· Fort Lauderdale on Thursday, May 7 and Thursday, May 21 at 10:00 a.m. – $1,688 per person
· New York on Thursday, May 14 at 11:00 a.m. – $3,446 per person
15 passengers are needed to confirm each flight. Pets with proper paperwork may be transported at $150 each.
Non-U.S. citizens will need to provide secondary documentation such as a U.S. green card, valid U.S. visa or ESTA, plus address in the U.S.A. or onward flight documentation.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly to book seats or with any questions.
Additionally, some private charter companies have confirmed their ability to provide flights to the United States. We encourage you to contact charter companies directly with questions regarding availability and cost.
- Hop A Jet: +1-954-771-5779, email@example.com,hopajetworldwide.com
- Presidential-Aviation: +1-954-772-8622, presidential-aviation.com
- Monarch Air Group: +1-954-359-0059, monarchairgroup.com
- IBC Airways: IBCairways.com
- Stratos Jets: +1-888-593-9066
- EvoJets: +1-877-970-5387
The above list is not an endorsement. Additional operators not listed above may be available.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Visit the local government COVID-19 webpage for updated information. The Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 hotline numbers are +1-649-333-0911 and +1-649-232-9444.
Effective March 16, U.S. Embassy Nassau suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turks and Caicos.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Nassau, The Bahamas
#42 Queen Street, Nassau
For U.S. Citizens in an Emergency
Call State Department – Consular Affairs at
+1 888-407-4747 (when dialing from within the U.S.)
+1 (202) 501-4444 (when dialing from overseas)
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.