Location: The Bahamas
Event: April 13, 2020 Update
Full nationwide lockdown orders for The Bahamas are in place as follows:
9:00 p.m. Friday, April 17 through 5:00 a.m. Monday, April 20
9:00 p.m. Friday, April 24 through 5:00 a.m. Monday, April 27
During these lockdown periods, virtually all businesses and service providers will be closed. Hospitals, hotels with guests, law enforcement and utility personnel are excepted. All U.S. citizens still in The Bahamas and its waters must shelter in place or stay in your home and yard, vessel, or hotel during the lockdown.
Departure of Private Vessels from The Bahamas
The current emergency powers orders of the Bahamian government allow pleasure craft currently anchored or moored in The Bahamas to depart directly for their country of origin, making only the absolute minimum necessary stops in order to ensure safe passage. The U.S. Embassy is aware of reports that there has been inconsistent interpretation regarding the rules that apply to foreign-flagged vessels attempting to depart The Bahamas.
The situation continues to evolve rapidly. While we continue to provide the best information we have available, we remind all U.S. citizens that the Bahamian authorities in your location have the final say on the water. Please follow their instructions, depart when possible, and shelter in place when necessary. The Embassy is actively working with the Bahamian authorities at the highest levels to obtain clarity as to when vessels can depart The Bahamas and under what circumstances, particularly during the full lockdown periods noted above.
Commercial Airline Flights as of 1900 EDT April 13:
International commercial and private charter flights, while limited, currently exist in The Bahamas. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should depart as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
- JetBlue is scheduled to fly on April 14 and April 16 from Nassau to Fort Lauderdale.
- Aztec Air is scheduled to fly on April 15 from North Eleuthera to Fort Lauderdale.
Private Charter Flights to the United States
Some private charter companies have confirmed their ability to provide direct flights into the United States. We encourage you to contact charter companies directly with questions.
All Bahamas Courier Services: +1-242-727-4165
Aztec Airways: +1-954-351-9313
Bahamas Charter Flights: +1-954-359-0320
Island Air Charters: +1-954-359-9942
Island Wings – USA: +1-954-617-8804
Makers Air – FXE: +1-954-771-0330
Noble Air Charter: +1-305-685-9634
Silver Airways charter flights: +1-801-401-9103
Tropic Ocean Airways – FLL: +1-954-210-5569
Tropix Air/Island Wings Ltd.: +1-242-424-4260
This list is in not an endorsement. Additional operators may be available.
All airports and seaports are closed to incoming visitors, Bahamian citizens and residents through April 30.
Actions to Take:
· Follow the instructions and regulations coming from the Bahamian government; please consult https://covid19.gov.bs and https://opm.gov.bs/ for the latest information on COVID-19 from the Government of The Bahamas.
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and recommendations for travelers and high-risk populations.
· See the CDC’s latest recommendations for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the most up-to-date information on travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Nassau, The Bahamas
#42 Queen Street, Nassau
For U.S. Citizens in an Emergency
Call State Department – Consular Affairs at
+1 (202) 501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.