Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Nassau, The Bahamas – July 22, 2020
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
Event: Mandatory Health Requirements for Entering the Turks and Caicos Islands
The Turks and Caicos Islands announced a mandatory entry requirement program called “TCI Assured” upon the reopening of its international borders on July 22, 2020. Entry requirements are subject to modification, given the ongoing global pandemic. We urge you to closely monitor the below referenced webpages, the U.S. Embassy Nassau website, and your travel vendors (air carriers and hotels) before your anticipated travel.
As of July 22, the current travel requirements for the Turks and Caicos Islands are as follows. You will need to closely monitor official information sources for any possible updates.
- An approved online TCI Assured Travel Authorization is required for every person regardless of age.
- A negative COVID-19 PCR test result from an accredited laboratory is required for everyone age 10 and over.
The health entry requirements and link to the application are available at https://turksandcaicostourism.com/. FAQs are available at: https://turksandcaicostourism.com/tci-assured-faqs/.
Please direct any questions to the Ministry of Tourism at https://turksandcaicostourism.com/contact-us/.
- All travelers will be subject to screening and temperature checks.
- Upon airport arrival, visitors can expect to present the following to a health officer and an immigration officer at the port of entry:
- Valid passport for each traveler
- A copy of each traveler’s TCI Assured Travel Authorization (printed or electronic)
- The original copy of the negative PCR COVID-19 test result to a health officer and an immigration officer at the port of entry.
- Travelers will also be required to complete and submit to a health officer at the port of entry, a health screening questionnaire for COVID-19.
- All visitors must wear masks/face coverings on arrival and observe the protocol of the particular airlines.
The Department of State Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19 remains in effect.
Visit the local government COVID-19 webpage for updated information. The Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 hotline numbers are +1-649-333-0911 and +1-649-232-9444.
Effective March 16, U.S. Embassy Nassau suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- The health entry requirements are available at https://turksandcaicostourism.com/
- The FAQs are available at https://turksandcaicostourism.com/tci-assured-faqs/
- Please direct any questions to the Ministry of Tourism at https://turksandcaicostourism.com/contact-us/.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turks and Caicos.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Nassau, The Bahamas
#42 Queen Street, Nassau
U.S. Embassy Nassau webpage
For U.S. Citizens in an Emergency
Call State Department – Consular Affairs at
+1 888-407-4747 (when dialing from within the U.S.)
+1 (202) 501-4444 (when dialing from overseas)
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter