“100,000 Strong in the Americas,” is an initiative to increase international study in the Western Hemisphere. The purpose of 100,000 Strong is to foster region-wide prosperity through greater international exchange of students, who are our future leaders and innovators. We believe increasing understanding in the Western Hemisphere and building closer people-to-people ties will help to address our common challenges including citizen security, economic opportunity, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability.
U.S. Government Resources
- Education USA (Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs/U.S. Department of State) – Information for international students about studying in the United States, including links to accredited colleges and universities in the United States, information about visa and links to educational advising centers around the world.
- U.S. Network of Education Information (USNEI) (U.S. Department of Education) – An inter-agency and public/private partnership whose mission is to provide official information assistance for anyone seeking information about U.S. education.
Searching for Universities, Colleges and Schools
- Search for Schools, Colleges, and Libraries – National Center for Education Statistics/U.S. Department of Education
- Peterson’s Educational Portal – education resource with information about colleges and universities, graduate programs, distance learning, summer opportunities, study abroad, financial aid, test preparation, etc.
- Study in the USA – an education guide for international students with information on undergraduate and graduate programs, English language programs and summer programs
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) – information about language courses, internships, international study programs, etc.
- Study Abroad – resource for study abroad information, including material on summer programs, language programs and internships
- College Search – Find colleges and universities by major, location, type, etc.
- eduPASS – information about financial aid for international students
- FinAid – annotated collection of information about student financial aid on the web
- The Foundation Center
- Educational Testing Service – private educational testing and measurement organization
Student Visa Information