Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following areas in Nassau, The Bahamas:
- CR Walker High School to Rawson Square area
- Ballou Hill Road
- Market Street
- East Street
- Portions of Bay Street east of the U.S. Embassy (located on Queen Street)
Event: Planned protest marches are scheduled to take place during the morning hours of June 13-14, 2018. The groups intend to protest the upcoming increase of Value Added Tax (VAT) throughout The Bahamas.
U.S. government personnel are strictly prohibited from participating in these events and are advised to be aware of potential traffic disruptions in the above locations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Nassau, The Bahamas
+1 (242) 322 1181
+1 (242) 322 1181 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444